As the August Bank holiday draws nearer, now is the time to start thinking about your competition entries.
As always, we have something for everyone. Under 6s have the chance to enter a decorated plate, while children between 6 and 12 have the choice between Flowers in a tin can, a Vegetable vehicle or a Handcrafted item using recycled materials only. Why not enter in all 3 categories? Not to feel left, out, teenagers can turn their hand to a bit of baking by producing 4 vegetable tartlets, including making their own pastry.
In open classes this year we have:
- Photograph – “Movement”. This year will be judged by special guest and local photographer Jack Boskett
- Preserve – Sweet
- Preserve – Savoury
- Homemade beverage
- Dairy free cake
- 4x homemade meringue nests (to be made by a man)
- The Great British Bakeoff – “Best swiss roll”, using only the ingredients listed on the entry form
- 4x homegrown tomatoes
- Medley of 3 homegrown vegetables
- Special Floral Arrangement class – Create a fence (details on the entry form)
So start planning now, competition is fierce!!